Forward Leeds Alcohol and Drug service have a team that can provide training and information around alcohol and drugs. This includes providing brief interventions in the workplace with users of your services.
This is primarily aimed at:
- Social Care staff and similar organisations
- Leeds City Council teams
- Charities and third sector organisations
All training is being delivered virtually and is completely free.
In addition Forward Leeds runs additional Want To Know More About (WTKMA) sessions for Leeds City Council.
A training programme is available from the Leeds City Council website. The programme lists course descriptions, background to the training programme and booking details. You can also find links to all of our courses for 2021 at the bottom of this page.
What we provide:-
- Half day training delivered virtually
- Additional packages that deal with NPS’ (New Psychoactive Substances) including synthetic cannabinoids
- Bespoke packages dependent on time frame and content
- Increase awareness of brief Interventions
- Provide some basic tools and worksheets
- How to refer into alcohol or drug services
- Where to access leaflets and information
- Increase in substance specific awareness