Alcohol and Older People
To build participants knowledge and skills around supporting older people who may be drinking too much
- Discuss information about alcohol’s effects and risks in relation to older people.
- Define alcohol units and recommended limits.
- Introduce early and late onset drinking.
- Discuss barriers to support
- Discuss harm reduction techniques and how older people may be able to implement them into their lives.
- Understand use of simple brief interventions applying the FRAMES model.
- To increase awareness of the types of support that individuals and their families can access in Leeds.
To book a place on the training course detailed above please email email@example.com with details of the course and your preferred date
Please check whether the course is being run online via Zoom or in-person at the Public Health Resource Centre in TechNorth
9th March- on Zoom
23rd March – course runs at TechNorth
12th May- on Zoom
18th July- on Zoom
22nd September – course runs at TechNorth
18th October – course runs at TechNorth
15th November- on Zoom
12 December- on Zoom
All Courses last from 10.00am to 1.00pm.