Alcohol and Older People
To build participants’ knowledge and skills around supporting older people who may be drinking too much
- Discuss information about alcohol’s effects and risks in relation to older people.
- Define alcohol units and recommended limits.
- Introduce early and late-onset drinking.
- Discuss barriers to support
- Discuss harm reduction techniques and how older people may be able to implement them into their lives.
- Understand the use of simple brief interventions applying the FRAMES model.
- To increase awareness of the types of support that individuals and their families can access in Leeds.
To book a place on the training course detailed above please email email@example.com with details of the course and your preferred date
Please check whether the course is being run online via Zoom or in-person at the Public Health Resource Centre in TechNorth
21st November 2023 – course runs at TechNorth
17th January 2024 – on Zoom
6th February 2024 – course runs at TechNorth
18th March 2024 – on Zoom
24th May 2024 – course runs at TechNorth
6th June 2024 – on Zoom
2nd July 2024 – course runs at TechNorth
31st July 2024 – on Zoom
10th October 2024 – course runs at TechNorth
14th October 2024 – on Zoom
6th November 2024 – on Zoom
3rd December 2024 – course runs at TechNorth
All Courses last from 10.00am to 1.00pm.