Support for Families
When parents are in drug and alcohol treatment. It can have a big knock on effect for their families – especially for any children.
Our Family Plus service is about getting families early help. The Family Plus worker will work with the family and our Recovery Coordinator to provide a rounded package of support. We want to help you get the best possible outcomes for the children as well as at the same time supporting you, the parents, through the recovery journey.
The team offers a variety of support including:
- Support with routines and boundaries within the family home.
- Running groups and activities for families to spend positive time together.
- Exploring challenging behaviour within children and looking at ways to deal with this
- Support with building a relationship with Schools and/or Nurseries.
- Linking in with other services such as dentist, mental health support and routes to employment.
Included in the Family Plus offer is specialist one to one and group work provision for children and young people. This provision supports children and young people with emotional health and well-being as well as drug and alcohol awareness to prevent second generational substance misuse.
Pregnancy and Specialist Support
If you are pregnant or thinking about starting a family, we have specialist midwives who can help you throughout your pregnancy and substance addiction treatment.
They will check your baby is healthy and advise you on the safest way to care for them. Our midwives can provide prescriptions in the safest and best interests of you and your baby. They will support you all throughout your pregnancy. They also offer perinatal support for your mental health
The Specialist Team also offer parenting assessment and parenting skills.