We have almost 30 volunteers who contribute many hours of their time every month to supporting Forward Leeds.
Our volunteers are key to us delivering an effective and successful service. We have a wide range of volunteer roles being filled by people with a variety of skills and experience from different backgrounds
People who spend time volunteering with Forward Leeds are considered very much part of our team. We couldn’t do our work with our volunteers.
We can offer great volunteering opportunities which are fulfilling and rewarding and which can lead to paid employment with us or elsewhere.
Volunteer Research and Resources
17 September 2019
This is a new volunteer role for the service.
The team are seeking a volunteer, who will mainly volunteer from home due to social distancing, to research and prepare resources for the team to use with young people.
The volunteer would research best practice in a given topic and seek out/create appropriate materials and resources. The volunteer will also turn resources into creative, interactive activities to use in one to one/group sessions to be delivered face to face or online.
The volunteer would also be involved in gaining feedback from clients on the created resources alongside Forward Leeds workers.
- Interest in drug and alcohol support for young people
- Confident communication and IT skills
- Confident carrying out research
- Committed to the role and providing a support function to service users
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to carry out relevant administrative tasks
- Willingness to attend training, supervision and team meetings online and in person
- Able to work in line with Policy and Guidance
To apply please visit the Humankind Careers Page
Forward Leeds’ volunteer programme has received the Investors in Volunteers accreditation. This is the UK quality standard for all organisations involving volunteers, it recognises commitment to providing an all round volunteer experience. Forward Leeds employs two dedicated Volunteer Coordinators.
There are many benefits from volunteering with Forward Leeds
- Learning new skills
- Gaining work experience
- Building your confidence and self esteem
- Meeting new people
- Trying something new
- Developing a skill, hobby or interest
- Making a difference to your own life and the lives of others
- Being part of a community
- Sense of achievement
- Increased employability
As a volunteer you can expect to:-
- be given a clear role description
- undertake an induction and appropriate training
- have safe working conditions
- receive the same training opportunities as other members of staff
- of be reimbursed for agreed out of pocket expenses associated with your volunteering
- have opportunities to develop new skills and develop knowledge
- use your skills, knowledge and talents to help others
- have regular supervision and dedicated support
- be treated with respect
All of our current volunteer opportunities are advertised on humankind.careers if there are no vacancies in your area please keep checking the site for regular updates. You can contact us about volunteering using the form below.