Forward Leeds is encouraging people to test their knowledge around alcohol and the health impacts of drinking.
We have created a short quiz to encourage people to start reflecting on their attitudes to drinking.
There are plenty of good reasons to cut back on your drinking including:
Watching your weight
Staying healthier for longer
Making a small, manageable change like cutting out that after-work drink or having more drink-free days can mean huge health benefits and people will feel better for it.
Many people know why they like to drink alcohol, here’s some extra information people may not know
- At 260 calories, one pint of strong lager is equivalent to a slice of pizza
- Alcohol is disruptive to sleep. Drinking less can improve the quality of your sleep
- Drinking three large pub glasses of wine is the same as having a full bottle!
- Drinking less can help you lose weight and stay healthy
- Being well hydrated before you drink alcohol should help you to drink more slowly
- Cutting back can improve your overall mental health and feelings of emotional wellbeing
- Don’t forget it’s really easy to still be over the drink drive limit the next morning