Forward Leeds are hosting an event at Kirkgate Market as part of Alcohol Awareness Week. We are there to offer information, tips and advice.
We will also be joined by One You Leeds, Carers Leeds, St Anne’s Community Services, Leeds Cancer Awareness and the NHS amongst others.
For Alcohol Awareness Week 2018 Forward Leeds are asking people to pledge a small change to their drinking behaviour and share it on social media using the hashtag #InspiredChange.
There are plenty of good reasons to cut back on your drinking including:
- Watching your weight
- Sleeping better
- Reducing stress
- Avoiding hangovers
- Staying healthier for longer
Making a small, manageable change like cutting out that after work drink or having more drink free days can mean huge health benefits and people will feel better for it.
So Forward Leeds are asking people to make a personal pledge to change and share it on social media using #InspiredChange.
Many people know why they like to drink alcohol, here’s some extra information people may not know
- At 260 calories, one pint of strong lager is equivalent to a slice of pizza
- Alcohol is disruptive to sleep. Drinking less can improve the quality of your sleep
- Drinking three large pub glasses of wine is the same as having a full bottle!
- Drinking less can help you lose weight and stay healthy
- Being well hydrated before you drink alcohol should help you to drink more slowly
- Cutting back can improve your overall mental health and feelings of emotional wellbeing
- Don’t forget it’s really easy to still be over the drink drive limit the next morning