The Family Plus team have introduced regular drop in sessions for those using the Forward Leeds service.
These allow visitors to find out more about how Family Plus can support individuals and their family though their recovery journey.
Family Plus worker Pauline Scott said: “The idea of these sessions is that people can find out a bit more about what we offer. They can learn more about how we support parents to get the best possible outcomes for their children at the same time as helping them.”
Family Plus is about getting families early help. The Family Plus Worker works with the family alongside the client’s Key Worker to provide a rounded package of support.
The team offers a variety of support including:
- Support with routines and boundaries within the family home.
- Running groups and activities for families to spend positive time together.
- Exploring challenging behaviour within children and looking at ways to deal with this
- Support with building a relationship with schools and/or nurseries.
- Linking in with other services such as dentists, mental heath support and routes to employment.
Included in the Family Plus offer is specialist one-to-one and group work provision for children and young people. This provision supports children and young people with emotional health and well-being.
The first drop ins are at the following times:
Wednesday 22 May 9.30am-11.30am at Forward Leeds, Armley Park Court, Stanningley Road, LS12 2AE
Wednesday 22 May 9.30am-11.30am at Forward Leeds, 74 Kirkgate, LS2 7DJ
Thursday 23 May 9:30am-11:30am Forward Leeds, Seacroft Crescent, Seacroft, LS14 6PA
The sessions continue fortnightly at each site at the same times and on the same days.